- You have to be BTSS members
- Provide supporting letters from relevant doctors for home care services / rehab
- Check and then make a declaration or provide proof that the services you require are not covered by other subsidies or existing insurance covers
For the purpose of the Grant, BTSS has fostered a partnership with Home Nursing Foundation (HNF). The services that they offer are listed below. You can check their website for more details: https://www.hnf.org.sg. If you are a home-bound patient, you should first contact BTSS office via phone or email (6291 2736 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a copy of your application form for HNF services. Our office staff will then advise you of the process from there.
HNF will obtain the necessary governmental subsidy as payment for your services (through an arrangement BTSS and HNF have with AIC). The portion that is not subsidized may then be partially covered by the BTSS RHC Grant. As a guide, BTSS will reimburse up to 50% of the portion that is payable by you, subject to a cap of $500 which must be drawn down within 12 months of approval (it will lapse thereafter). You may put up another application for a further tranche of the RHC Grant once the awarded grant quantum is exhausted. Evidence of that the efficacy and necessity of rehabilitation or home care services will be required for such subsequent applications.
HNF provide nursing care in the following areas:
- Health assessment including monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure
- Medication management
- Administration of injections/loading of insulin
- Nasogastric tube management
- Urinary catheters management
- Wound (including bed sores) and stoma care
- Removal of stitches/staples
- Negative Pressure Dressing
- Patient/caregiver training
HNF GPs provide the following services:
- Regular review of patients’ health status
- Order and review diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medication
- Refer patients to other team members e.g. nurses for nursing intervention and/or therapists for rehabilitation interventions
- Refer eligible patients to the Interim Disability Assistance Programme for the Elderly (IDAPE) and perform certification, if required.
HNF rehabilitation services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
HNF therapists visit the patients at their homes and the number of recommended sessions is largely dependent on a patient’s rehabilitation potential. The range of visit intensity is classified into three main categories below.
- Home Rehabilitation (18 visits over 6 months)
- Home Based Training (3 visits per year)
- Home Environment Review / Home Modification (2 visits)