Much of the information about cancer and/or brain tumours on the internet can be confusing or misleading. We recommend the following resources for reliable information:
- National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore.
Overview of Brain Tumours
- Brain Tumour Society (Singapore) Email Group
To subscribe go to: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/btsg/info
Booklets & Leaflets
- American Brain Tumor Association, USA
Living with a Brain Tumor: A Guide for Brain Tumor Patients.
Printable versions of this booklet and other publications are available at the American Brain Tumor Association site at: www.abta.org
- CancerCare, USA
Brain Tumors: Current Treatments and Hope for the Future.
A printable version is available at: http://cancercare.org
- National Cancer Institute, USA
What You Need to Know about Brain Tumors.
- Clinical Trials and Noteworthy Treatments for Brain Tumours
- American Brain Tumor Association, USA.
This organization offers information and support services for people diagnosed with brain tumors. The Tumor Information section offers information about specific tumors, treatments and living with a brain tumor.
- The Brain Tumor Society, USA.
This site included detailed information about brain tumors, nutrition, complementary therapies and support services as well as language summaries of medical articles.
- National Brain Tumor Foundation, USA
This site presents information regarding treatment options and community resources for brain tumor patients and families. Features include a database of questions answered by health professionals and a link library arranged by topic.
- Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research Information, USA.
Clinical Trials & Noteworthy Treatments for Brain Tumors.
This site offers a comprehensive database of clinical trials for brain tumors as well as extensive information about brain tumors research including lay-terms summaries of medical articles, medical news and a dictionary. The video library featuring brain tumor experts discussing various treatments is especially interesting.
- BRAINTMR – This email group discusses all adult and pediatric brain tumors. This page also provides access to other email groups focusing of specific types of brain tumors.
To subscribe go to: www.virtualtrials.com/lists.cfm.
- Brain Cancer Interactive Tutorial at Medlineplus.gov, USA
- Segal, Gail and American Brain Tumor Association. Dictionary for Brain Tumor Patients. Des Plains, Il: American Brain Tumor Association, 2002. A printable version available online at: www.abta.org
- American Brain Tumor Association. Primer of Brain Tumors : A Patient’s Reference Manual. 8th ed. Des Plains, Il: American Brain Tumor Association, 2004. A printable version is available online at: www.abta.org