Our Commitment to Privacy
BTSS will not sell, trade, or share the personal information you provide to us through our website(s) with anyone else, nor will BTSS send donor mailings on behalf of another organization without your written permission to do so.
We collect several types of information:
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information, and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize a Website, become a volunteer, order materials, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry. Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities.
- Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution.
- Requests: If you submit an online request or submit a question through a “connect with us” online form, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, address, telephone number, and email address.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Website to the following:
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including brain tumor-related health news, BTSS programs, events, and services.
- Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to BTS.
- Request your participation in a BTSS activities
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate BTSS department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see 2 above).
We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting BTSS.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please email us at email@example.com If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future.
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and to honoring your choices for its intended use. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards.
Inside BTSS, data is stored in password-controlled servers. Our staff and volunteers are educated about the importance of safeguarding your information and we are committed to holding them accountable for protecting your confidentiality. However, such precautions do not guarantee that our Website is invulnerable to all security breaks. BTSS makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that the use of our Website is protected from viruses, security threats, or other vulnerabilities and that your information will always be secure.
Whenever BTSS permits an external third party Eg: web administrator to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices BTSS constituents have made under this statement, and that the security, integrity, and privacy of the information is maintained. While BTSS will employ procedures to help ensure that your information is only used for authorized purposes as described above, we cannot make any guarantees with respect to the actions or policies of such third parties.
Links within Our Website
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the BTSS Website. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personable identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.